Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Disable Thunderbird 3.0 Global Seach and Indexer if you are already using Google Desktop search


Last week I have installed Thunderbird 3.0 and found that its memory foot print is way high than its previous version. After digging I figured out that the reason for this high memory foot print is because of the new auto indexing and global search features packaged with thunderbird 3.0. I have disabled that option and found that the memory foot print used by Thunderbird 3.0 is same as its previous version.

I suggest you not to use this feature in Thunderbird 3.0 unless you have some other global search options like Google Desktop search. Actually I recommend all to use Google desktop search for any kind of search options on the disk. When you are installing Google desktop search application be careful and do not select any option which may give Google  your  personal information and search details.

No comments:

Post a Comment